Back in September, LG finally took the wraps off their latest tablet, the LG G Pad 8.3. Unfortunately at that time, LG was a bit vague on the timing of the tablet’s release, only giving us a rough end of the year time frame, along with possible pricing (although it has been speculated that it could cost $299). In any case LG has recently announced that the LG G Pad 8.3 is expected to go on sale in South Korea come 14th of October and that its availability on other markets will follow shortly. Once again no specific dates were mentioned, but we can only imagine it shouldn’t be too long following its South Korean release.
The tablet will see a price tag of 550,000 Won, which roughly converts to about $510, making it a somewhat pricey tablet as opposed to its rumored $299 price tag that would allow it to compete with the likes of the Google Nexus 7. No word on how much it will cost when it arrives stateside, but hopefully its price tag in South Korea will be good enough indication. The LG G Pad 8.3 will sport an 8.3” 1920×1200 display and pack a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset under the hood clocked at 1.7GHz. It will sport several features of the LG G2, such as the Knock-On feature that will lock/unlock the device.
Next Story: Samsung NX300M Announced For South Korea
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-02-14: LG G Pad 8.3 For Verizon Leaked
- 2014-01-17: LG G Pad 8.3 Rumored For Verizon
- 2013-12-02: LG V510 Tablet Might Be The Nexus 8