In July this year, we heard of how the submersible Lotus car which featured in a James Bond movie some decades ago was put up on auction, with Elon Musk being the secret buyer of said vehicle. Well, Elon Musk is one entrepreneur who seems to have his hands dipped in a variety of markets and ventures, and now we are faced with Musk’s plans for the car he purchased. Apparently, he has big plans to change the classic Lotus Esprit ride that you might not believe what he has to say.
Elon Musk shared, “It was amazing as a little kid in South Africa to watch James Bond in ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’ drive his Lotus Esprit off a pier, press a button and have it transform into a submarine underwater. I was disappointed to learn that it can’t actually transform. What I’m going to do is upgrade it with a Tesla electric powertrain and try to make it transform for real.”
In a nutshell, Elon Musk has the money and the will to transform that Lotus Esprit into an electric submersible Bond car. Here is us hoping that his dream will actually come true! It would be fantastic to see such a ride in action for real.
Next Story: Raspberry Pi NoIR, An Infrared Camera
- 2014-04-18: Hybrid Motorcycles To Serve The Army Soon
- 2014-04-17: Nissan Offers Free And Easy Charging For LEAF Cars
- 2014-02-16: Apple Working On Device That Can Predict Heart Attacks [Report]
- 2013-09-18: Tesla To Build Car With "Auto-Pilot" Mode In Next Three Years
- 2013-09-05: Elon Musk Displays His 3D Modeling Software