Hideo Kojima’s upcoming Metal Gear Solid 5 is expected to make its way onto next-gen consoles like Microsoft’s Xbox One and Sony’s PlayStation 4, but could we see the game arrive on other platforms as well? Speaking in an interview with the folks at IGN, Kojima made statements which seemed to suggest that Metal Gear Solid 5 could make its way onto other platforms in the future, and we’re thinking maybe PC, or even mobile devices like smartphones or tablets.
According to Kojima, “Moving forward I wanted to have a Metal Gear Solid that you could play on whatever you wanted, and that’s how we created Peace Walker. Now we’re presenting something again that’s console-only, but that’s not actually true of Metal Gear Solid 5. Metal Gear Solid 5 will have many more elements that aren’t limited to one console. You’ll be able to play the game on whatever you want, whenever you want.”
He revealed that this was a feature that the studio has been working on ever since Metal Gear Solid 4. Additional details were not shared and a release date for the game is still up in the air, but what do you guys think about being able to play Metal Gear Solid 5 on your mobile device? More importantly, will our mobile device be able to handle the graphics that we’ve seen for Metal Gear Solid 5?
Next Story: No Assassin's Creed 4 DLC For The Wii U
- 2014-04-23 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Android Version Coming Soon
- 2014-01-08 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Will Utilize DualShock 4's Built-In Speakers
- 2013-12-09 Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Releasing March 18
- 2013-09-25 Metal Gear Solid 5 English Trailer Released
- 2013-09-04 Metal Gear Solid 5's Characters Have Been Designed To Be More Erotic To Encourage Cosplaying