According to a report yesterday, it was suggested that the Xbox One and Xbox Live service was extremely buggy at the moment which could lead to a lot of issues during the console’s launch, and that it would take months until Microsoft is able to fix the issues and get everything working as per normnal. It was merely a rumor at that time and it turns out that perhaps it is just a rumor and nothing more, especially since Microsoft executives, Phil Spencer and Major Nelson, have stepped forward and dismissed the rumors as nothing more than rumors with no truth behind the claims.
According to Phil Spencer, “Games are in certification now and we are playing SP & MP nightly. Anyone can post “stuff” to the web.” Larry Hryb a.k.a Major Nelson, was quoted as saying, “You should ask the COD folks about their game. As far as Xbox One, I’ve been testing the OS at home it’s been great.” Like we said it was merely a rumor at that time and we guess thankfully they were not true. However at the same time we expect that gamers should run into some issues at the start, especially at launch day given that there will be many gamers attempting to play games and connect on Xbox Live all at the same time, and as with new product/service launches, teething problems are to be expected, but thankfully we won’t have to wait months for it to be resolved.
- 2014-04-16: Bing.com Gets Personalized Cards
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft Discounting Windows XP Support For Enterprise
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft's New All-In-One Media Keyboard Destined For Your Living Room
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-06: Microsoft Reportedly Working On New Xbox One Controller Update
- 2014-04-06: Support For Xbox One External Game Storage Coming Soon
- 2014-04-04: Xbox One Security Flaw Discovered By 5-Year Old