It was only recently that Microsoft announced their brand new Surface 2 tablet and we’re sure Microsoft is hoping that with the better hardware specs and battery life that the device would be a success, or at least do better than the original Surface tablets where poor sales led to Microsoft writing off $1 billion in inventory. Well it turns out that Microsoft might be getting their wish as they have announced that pre-order stock for the Surface 2 and the Surface Pro 2 along with their accessories, like the Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition and Type Covers, have either sold out or are coming close to being sold out.
Both tablets are expected to be made available come 22nd October so if you want to be able to get your tablet on that date, you should probably move fast. While the tablets might be close to selling out, perhaps it might have something to do with Microsoft allowing customers to pre-order the devices in their stores for free, meaning that no deposit or downpayment is required, so customers can reserve without being obligated to buy it, so perhaps it is not selling like hotcakes as Microsoft seems to be implying. In any case we guess it shouldn’t be too long before the official figures are released so we will wait and see if the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 are really the hits that Microsoft is making them out to be.
Next Story: GTA Online Launch Updates
- 2014-04-21: Phil Spencer Admits More Needs To Be Done For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-21: Motorola Solutions Licenses Microsoft IP For Chrome And Android Devices
- 2014-04-21: Microsoft Expands Retail Presence In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Downgrade Windows Phone 8.1 To 8.0 Possible
- 2014-04-21: Office 365 China Launch Finally Takes Place
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-17: Microsoft Surface 2 With LTE Tablet Arriving March 18
- 2014-02-19: Surface 2 With LTE Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-01-20: Surface 2 Tablets Back In Stock On Microsoft Store Website
- 2013-11-27: Microsoft Targets The Galaxy Tab In Ad This Time Around