If you happen to be in possession of the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD as your regular smartphone of choice, then you might have been looking forward to at least the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system update. Unfortunately, much to your disappointment, it does not seem as though that is ever going to happen as the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD looks set to remain stuck on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean – for good. This is not quite what most owners of the smartphone would have liked to hear, especially since it launched with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich and was given the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean earlier this year in March.
Of course, when it comes to the Motorola DROID RAZR HD, hope still springs eternal, at least for the moment. Motorola has yet to make a firm decision just yet as compared to the Motorola RAZR MAXX HD, which is rather strange since both models more or less carry the same hardware specifications with them. The DROID RAZR MAXX itself comes with a rather beefy 3,000mAh battery as well as 32GB of internal memory, compared to the 16GB of internal memory that is found on the DROID RAZR HD that does come with a 2,530mAh battery. Ah well, it looks as though if you want to make the jump to anything newer than Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for the DROID RAZR MAXX HD, you will have to look to the homebrew community to get the job done.
Update: Apparently, the Droid RAZR MAXX HD’s jump to anything newer than Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean has been reconsidered.
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17 Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-03-27 New Motorola DROID Coming In Q4 2014 (Rumor)
- 2014-03-20 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch, presented by Jim Wicks, Design Chief at Motorola
- 2013-10-14 Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD Upgrade From Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Reconsidered
- 2013-04-15 Motorola DROID Bionic Begins Receiving Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update
- 2012-07-23 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean heads for the Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi