It was just yesterday when we brought you word that the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD does seem destined to have its operating system version remain on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for all eternity, as there does not seem to be a newer operating system update coming to this particular smartphone from Motorola. Which was a bummer, really, as the smartphone itself is not exactly something that you would deem to be obsolete anytime soon, as it has not even been out for more than two years plus already.
Well, we are glad to announce that there is always hope in all situations, even though that some of them might seem to be hopeless in the first place. Case in point, we have received word from Motorola that the DROID RAZR MAXX HD might still be considered to get a newer operating system version in the future, as the status of the handset has changed from “The device will remain on Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)” to “Stay tuned for an upgrade decision.” We are not quite sure whether this was due to the uproar that arose by owners of the DROID RAZR MAXX HD, or is it because of a genuine mistake on Motorola’s part earlier on in putting up the wrong status. Either way, all’s well that ends well – or so it seems, at the moment, for the DROID RAZR MAXX HD.
Next Story: Apple Might Unveil New Smart Cover With iPad 5
- 2014-04-21: Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21: Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-03-27: New Motorola DROID Coming In Q4 2014 (Rumor)
- 2014-03-20: Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch, presented by Jim Wicks, Design Chief at Motorola
- 2013-10-13: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD Looks To Remain Stuck In Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean For Good
- 2013-04-15: Motorola DROID Bionic Begins Receiving Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update
- 2012-07-23: Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean heads for the Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi