Electronic Arts announced a new Need for Speed game earlier this year called Need for Speed Rivals which was expected to be released onto next-generation consoles PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in addition to the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. At the time of their announcement, EA announced the current-generation version of Need for Speed Rivals would be released on November 19, although no word on when the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 would be released. That all changes today as EA has announced you can look forward to a next-gen Need for Speed experience starting on November 22 in North America.
Need for Speed fans in Europe will have to wait just a little bit longer if they’re a PlayStation 4 owner as that version of the game will release on November 29, while the Xbox One version won’t be delayed at all as it’s expected to be released on November 22 as well.
Need for Speed Rivals has players assuming the role of both cops and lawbreakers as you’ll be able to choose between two distinct career experiences, each of which will have their own set of high-stake challenges, rewards, vehicles and pursuit tech. Need for Speed Rivals will introduce AllDrive, which EA is touting as a revolutionary new feature that “destroys the line between single player, co-op and multiplayer.”
- 2014-04-08 Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08 HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07 Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31 Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20 Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2013-09-20 PS4 Playable Through Xbox One's HDMI-In Port
- 2013-06-28 PS4, Xbox One Will Be Playable At GameStop Expo 2013
- 2013-06-21 PS4, Xbox One Amazon Pre-Order Sales Breaks Records
- 2013-06-12 Nyko Announces Xbox One, PS4 Accessories At E3
- 2013-06-11 The Elder Scrolls Online Headed To PS4, Xbox One In Spring 2014