Come 22nd of October, Apple will be holding an event in which many believe the new iPad 5 and the iPad mini 2 will be announced. We would expect that both tablets could be made available for purchase shortly after its announcement, most likely via Apple’s retail store or online store, but perhaps there is a good chance that T-Mobile might offer up the new iPads as well, thanks to a recent tweet by the carrier’s CEO in which he asked who is excited for the 22nd of October, which is the same day that Apple’s event will be held.
While the 22nd of October reference could be made regarding Nokia’s own press event, the tweet saw a link to an article covering Apple’s event. As it stands, T-Mobile is the only major carrier in the US to not offer an LTE iPad. Just as they were the last to carry the iPhones, they are the last to offer the iPad, but hopefully if this tweet is any indication, T-Mobile subscribers might be able to look forward to getting their hands on Apple’s new iPads along with LTE data plans via the carrier in the near future. Either way we’ll be keeping our eyes peeled, so be sure to check back with us on the 22nd of October for the details.
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2013-08-08: T-Mobile Will Soon Offer A "Whole Array" Of Apple Products
- 2010-01-27: Apple iPad says no to T-Mobile
- 2010-05-03: T-Mobile SIM Crammed Into The iPad Allows Text Messaging