Pokemon X and Y are just a few days away from their big release on the Nintendo 3DS, but it looks like a new Pokemon game will soon be entering the ring as Pokemon Company president Tsunekazu Ishihara spilled the beans in an upcoming television appearance on Japanese TV show NHK Professional: Shigoto no Ryuugi.
Gematsu is reporting the NHK website mentions Ishihara-san as having started the development of a new Pokemon title earlier this summer. “It’s a new game featuring the very popular character Pikachu in a bold way. There is concern, however, that if it’s bad the long loved character would lose popularity in the blink of an eye.”
We’re not sure how exactly a Pokemon game starring the most iconic character of all time could turn out to be a bad thing, especially considering how popular Pokemon Yellow was when it was released. If the new Pikachu game is based on the kind of content the new Pokemon: Origins contains, then we could probably expect more Pokemon shrieking while they’re being killed by one another. That kind of stuff will probably give Pokemon trainers nightmares, especially if the Pokemon shrieking is the beloved Pikachu.
The show Ishihara-san will be appearing on will air on October 28, so we’re sure we’ll hear more about the new Pokemon game shortly after it airs.RELATED
- UK Teen Pays £450 For Xbox One Day One Edition On eBay, Receives Photo Instead
- Bill Gates Appear In South Park Xbox One-PS4 Episode
- Microsoft Provides Helpful Tips For Navigating The Xbox One Interface
- Double Dragon Trilogy Arrives On iOS And Android Platforms
- World Of Warcraft Patch 5.4.2 Now Available For Testing
- Follow: nintendo, pokemon,
- Seen at: gematsu