The world anxiously waits on Google to make two announcements, one related to software and the other to hardware. Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 are both rumored to be launched in October, but according to a new rumor, they might be unveiled next week. Tuesday, October 15th, is said to be the day when Google finally lifts the wraps off Nexus 5 and its next major Android update. According to CNET UK, rumors about the launch date comes from “whispers around the campfire” at Google Launchpad, which was a two week event aimed to help startups develop their business.
Google has already confirmed that Android 4.4 KitKat is the moniker of its next major update, whereas the Nexus 4 has sold out at the Play Store and Google has opted not to restock it. This is seen as a clear indication that a successor is just around the corner. We’ve already heard a lot of rumors about the Nexus 5 which is said to have been manufactured by LG, it collaborated with Google on the Nexus 4 as well. Recently a purported service manual of the Nexus 5 was leaked online, it revealed the entire spec list. This smartphone is expected to have a 2.3GHz quadcore Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with 2GB RAM, a 5 inch full HD display, 8 megapixel rear camera as well as wireless charging.
- 2014-03-05: Google Working To Fix Nexus 5 Camera Bug
- 2014-02-26: Google Now Launcher Makes It To The Play Store
- 2014-02-06: Nexus 5 Launcher Could Soon Be Released
- 2014-02-04: Red Nexus 5 Released
- 2014-01-30: Red Nexus 5 Could Launch On February 4
- 2013-10-28: Nexus 5 And Android 4.4 Being Announced Separately In Tel-Aviv On November 5th
- 2013-10-13: Nexus 5 And Android 4.4 KitKat Make An Appearance On Video
- 2013-10-10: Nexus 5 Cases Already Being Teased
- 2013-10-02: Nexus 5 Will Reportedly Have MEMS Camera