The Nexus 5 is without a doubt one of the most highly anticipated smartphones of this quarter. Google is yet to officially announce the device, though given the fact that Nexus 4 is no longer available through the Play Store, its only a matter of time before the Nexus 5 is made official. Spigen, a mobile accessory manufacturer based out of South Korea, has already started teasing Nexus 5 cases. The teaser image doesn’t exactly reveal much in terms of design, but it does resemble the device we’ve seen in purported leaked pictures of the next generation Nexus smartphone.
Earlier today we picked up on a rumor which claimed that Nexus 5 will be announced next week, on Tuesday October 15th to be precise. Its merely five days away and Google is yet to roll out invites for the event, so at this point in time this date hasn’t been officially confirmed. The Nexus 5 is expected to come with top tier specifications, such as the quadcore Snapdragon 800 processor from Qualcomm and a 5 inch full 1080p HD display. It is also going to be the first smartphone to ship with Android 4.4 KitKat, the next major update to Google’s mobile platform. The 16GB Nexus 5 will reportedly be priced at $299 off contract.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-03-05: Google Working To Fix Nexus 5 Camera Bug
- 2014-02-26: Google Now Launcher Makes It To The Play Store
- 2014-02-06: Nexus 5 Launcher Could Soon Be Released
- 2013-10-28: Nexus 5 And Android 4.4 Being Announced Separately In Tel-Aviv On November 5th
- 2013-10-13: Nexus 5 And Android 4.4 KitKat Make An Appearance On Video
- 2013-10-10: Nexus 5 And Android 4.4 KitKat Launch Rumored For October 15th
- 2013-10-02: Nexus 5 Will Reportedly Have MEMS Camera