We’ve been hearing rumors about the upcoming Google Nexus 5 handset, with the device allegedly caught on camera, giving us a better look at it, assuming the photo is real, of course. We have also heard how the handset could see a launch in October, although at this point in time no specific dates have been mentioned, but according to the folks over at Tech Radar, they claim to have received a tip from one of their sources who alleges that the Google Nexus 5 will see an announcement towards the last week of October, and will apparently start shipping around that time as well.
However it should be noted that their source was referring to shipping times for the UK, but given that phones launched in the US typically see similar release dates in the UK as well, it is possible that the same shipping dates can be applied as well. As it stands the rumors are saying that the Nexus 5 will sport a 5” Full HD display with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset under the hood, run on Android 4.4 KitKat, and according to the latest rumor, will feature a rather interesting camera that allows the photographer to shoot first, and focus later. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but we’ll definitely be keeping our eyes peeled.
Next Story: OS X Mavericks GM Build Released
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-03-05: Google Working To Fix Nexus 5 Camera Bug
- 2014-02-26: Google Now Launcher Makes It To The Play Store
- 2014-02-06: Nexus 5 Launcher Could Soon Be Released
- 2014-01-26: Red Nexus 5 Picture Leaks, Apparently Releasing Next Month
- 2014-01-23: New Nexus 5 Colors Might Be Offered Soon
- 2013-12-15: Nexus 5 Hardware Subtly Revised