Leaks and rumors about the Nexus 5 have been coming in from all directions almost every single day. Still Google is tight-lipped about when it intends to make the official announcement. We’ve seen press renders of this smartphone being leaked online, we’ve also seen it make an appearance on video. Today, the first Nexus 5 unboxed image has hit the internet. The image shows off the blue box widely associated with the Nexus 5, also seen before, and what appears to be a Nexus 5 unit.
Unfortunately, the source who leaked this image didn’t publish any additional images on the internet. There’s just the one we see here. Obviously what people would have liked to see would be the Nexus 5 turned on, and even more shots of its exterior, just to get a really good look at the design. The contents of the box haven’t been pictured as yet, so if Google is bundling any new accessories with the smartphone, we’ll probably have to wait a little longer to find out exactly what they are. Google’s official announcement of the Nexus 5 isn’t presumably that far off. Recent rumors peg the possible announcement date as November 1st, but the internet search giant is yet to roll out invites for a press event.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-03-05: Google Working To Fix Nexus 5 Camera Bug
- 2014-02-26: Google Now Launcher Makes It To The Play Store
- 2014-02-06: Nexus 5 Launcher Could Soon Be Released
- 2014-01-26: Red Nexus 5 Picture Leaks, Apparently Releasing Next Month
- 2014-01-23: New Nexus 5 Colors Might Be Offered Soon
- 2013-12-15: Nexus 5 Hardware Subtly Revised