Today Nike has rolled out invites for an event that is scheduled to take place on October 15th. Called, NikeFuel Forum, the event will take place in New York and the company is expected to make a Fuelband related announcement. The invite itself doesn’t reveal exactly what Nike intends on announcing at the event, but it does say that the company will be discussing the future of digital world experience and physical activity.
The Nike Fuelband was unveiled back in January, 2012. It is basically an activity tracker or rather a device that monitors fitness of the person wearing it. Fuelband has actually become quite popular, particularly with athletes. Even people who are not professional athletes use the Fuelband to monitor their daily fitness activity. Its actually quite an integral part of the Nike+ initiative. There is a possibility that a new Fuelband might be announced at this event. It hasn’t been refreshed in well over a year now, the only update it got was a cosmetic one, which brought different colors. Still, there’s no confirmation as yet from Nike regarding what to expect from the NikeFuel Forum, so we’ll just have to wait and see what the athletic apparel company has or does not have up its sleeves.
- 2014-02-16: Nike's Self-Lacing Shoes Will Arrive In 2015
- 2014-01-15: Nike FuelBand SE Silver Edition Launched
- 2013-12-02: Nike Smartwatch Rumored For 2014 Launch
- 2013-11-05: Nike FuelBand SE Now On Sale A Day Earlier Than Expected
- 2013-11-05: Nike+ Move App For iPhone 5s Launched, Turns Your iPhone 5s Into A FuelBand
- 2013-10-30: Original Nike FuelBand To Receive Some FuelBand SE Features In Firmware Update
- 2013-10-15: Nike+ FuelBand SE Arrives With $149 Price Tag