Kirby has been one of Nintendo’s most important mascots ever since its Game Boy was released back in 1989. Since then, Kirby has starred in a number of games across multiple Nintendo platforms, and today, the company has announced a new side-scrolling Kirby game is coming to the Nintendo 3DS in 2014.
The upcoming Kirby game will mark the first time he stars in a game on the Nintendo 3DS as he’ll move between the foreground and background as he makes his way through levels, similar to what we’ve experienced in the latest Donkey Kong Country.
The first trailer Nintendo released for the game shows Kirby transforming into a number of his iconic forms, which includes one where he attacks with a sword, his fists and suplexes enemies. Kirby also looks like he’ll have a new ability that will allow him to suck up everything on screen, although it’s unknown how the power up will be acquired as well as how it can be used.
Nintendo didn’t disclose when exactly the new Kirby game would be coming to the Nintendo 3DS, but the trailer ends with a “Coming 2014″ message. Since this is the first time we’re hearing of the game, we wouldn’t be surprised if it released some time in the summer of 2014.
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-03-02: Yoshi Themed Nintendo 3DS Listed By North American Retailers
- 2014-01-26: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Set To Arrives As Nintendo 3DS Exclusive In Early 2015
- 2014-01-22: Phoenix Wright Makes His Way To The Nintendo 3DS
- 2013-11-14: Watch All 30 Minutes Of The Latest Nintendo Direct Right Here
- 2013-11-13: YouTube For Nintendo 3DS Coming Later This Month