Kirby has been one of Nintendo’s most important mascots ever since its Game Boy was released back in 1989. Since then, Kirby has starred in a number of games across multiple Nintendo platforms, and today, the company has announced a new side-scrolling Kirby game is coming to the Nintendo 3DS in 2014.
The upcoming Kirby game will mark the first time he stars in a game on the Nintendo 3DS as he’ll move between the foreground and background as he makes his way through levels, similar to what we’ve experienced in the latest Donkey Kong Country.
The first trailer Nintendo released for the game shows Kirby transforming into a number of his iconic forms, which includes one where he attacks with a sword, his fists and suplexes enemies. Kirby also looks like he’ll have a new ability that will allow him to suck up everything on screen, although it’s unknown how the power up will be acquired as well as how it can be used.
Nintendo didn’t disclose when exactly the new Kirby game would be coming to the Nintendo 3DS, but the trailer ends with a “Coming 2014″ message. Since this is the first time we’re hearing of the game, we wouldn’t be surprised if it released some time in the summer of 2014.RELATED
- Donkey Kong Projected Onto A Wedding Cake Is Completely Playable
- Titanfall Debuts Ogre, Stryder Titan Classes In New Trailers
- Telltale Games Announces 'Tales From The Borderlands' Episodic Game
- New Destiny Trailer Shows Off More Enemies, Guns And Vehicles
- South Park: The Stick Of Truth Trailer Teaches Us How To 'Cup A Spell'
- Follow: nintendo, nintendo 3ds,
- Seen at: nintendo