Earlier today thanks to a leaked press rendering, the Nokia Lumia 1320 was unveiled in all of its glory only hours before its official announcement. Well now that the handset has been officially announced, the specs can be confirmed and as it turns out, the rumors were right on the money when they said that the Lumia 1320 is a phablet device that will be priced affordably, meaning that if you wanted a large-screened device but don’t have the money to shell out for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or HTC One Max, the Lumia 1320 is a decent alternative assuming you don’t mind the Windows Phone platform.
The Lumia 1320 has been announced with a 6” HD IPS LCD display with Nokia’s ClearBlack technology. Granted this is not the Full HD 1080p display that comes with the Lumia 1520, it’s not too shabby although it might not be as sharp given its display size and resolution. The handset will be powered by a dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor clocked at 1.7GHz which will be accompanied by 1GB of RAM, 8GB of onboard storage that is expandable via microSD, a 5MP rear-facing camera that will be bundled with the Nokia Camera app, and will be available in a variety of colors, such as black, orange, white, and yellow.
It is also expected to see a release in Q1 2014 and will be priced at around $339 before taxes and subsidies, although it should be noted that the device will make its way to China and Vietnam, followed by other Asian markets, India and Europe, with no word on a possible stateside release. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft-Nokia Deal Sees Some Last Minute Changes
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2013-12-05 Nokia Lumia 1320 Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-10-21 Nokia Lumia 1320 Press Rendering Leaked
- 2013-10-08 @evleaks Prepares The Nokia Batman (Lumia 1320)