Over the past couple of weeks we have consistently heard that Nokia is going to unveil a new phablet soon. The phablet reportedly carries the “Bandit” codename, and is expected to be announced at Nokia World 2013, which takes place on October 22nd in Abu Dhabi, UAE. We’ve seen leaked images of the device and heard chatter about its specifications. The infamous Twitter based leaker, @evleaks, has now published major specifications of the Lumia 1520, believed to be the retail moniker of Bandit.
The Nokia Lumia 1520 is said to have a 6 inch full 1080p HD display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quadcore processor aided by 2GB of RAM, a 20 megapixel PureView rear camera and Qi wireless charging with cover. The phablet is said to be available in 16GB and 32GB flavors with black, white and yellow colors being offered. Information about pricing and availability has not been provided as yet. Though rumors suggest that Bandit will be first released on AT&T around November, which will be followed by a global roll out sometime in December. These release timeframes are based on rumors and there’s no confirmation if Nokia is going to adhere to them. Hopefully the company will clear up when we can expect to see Lumia 1520 “Bandit” in the market at its event next week.RELATED
- BBM Shows Signs Of Popularity In India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines
- BlackBerry 10.2.1 Reportedly Launching In January 2014
- Study Finds iPhone Most Expensive In Jordan And India
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Follow: lumia, Nokia, Nokia Lumia 1520,