It is no secret that Vevo has been working quite hard to transition from web browsers and mobile apps to other mediums. The go-to music destination for millions of people around the world seeks to expand its reach beyond these two mediums and it has found the answer in internet connected TVs. Only recently the Vevo app for Apple TV was launched, which puts the music service on millions of TVs around the world. It has now launched the official app for Samsung smart TVs and blu-ray players, to further bolster its entry into living rooms.
The Vevo app for Samsung smart TVs and blu-ray players is available from today. It will give users access to Vevo’s massive library of music videos from more than 25,000 global artists. Users will also have access to concerts and original shows. Vevo says that the experience has been tailored for Samsung’s devices and easy viewing. It is only compatible with those TVs or blu-ray players that were either released this year or last year. There will be no need to sign up for a Vevo account in order to use the app. Users are allowed to create playlists of up to seven music videos without needing an account. At this point in time, the app is available in select markets, including the U.S., UK, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, New Zealand and more.
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit