If you’re shopping for a gamer this holiday season, we’re sure they’re expecting an Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or a Wii U to be given to them for whatever holiday they recognize, but one console we’re sure isn’t on many wish lists this holiday season is the Android-powered Ouya. Ouya wants to make themselves known a little bit better this holiday season, which is why they will be rolling out demo kiosks across Targer retailers nationwide this month.
The Ouya was previously available at a number of GameStop, Target , Best Buy and GAME, but this is the first time the company is going full chain by allowing Target to carry its console at all of its 1,800 stores. Now that Ouya is going to be available on a nationwide level, the company is redesigning the box art of its console a bit in order to “highlight and promote more games and new content.”
Starting next month, Target will begin promoting the Ouya through a number of in-store video trailers within its electronics department as well as running in-store promotions that would give customers a $10 game card with their purchase of the system. In December, Target will further promote Ouya by putting in customized Ouya shelf displays as well as advertise it within its circular.
- 2014-03-06: $200 M.O.J.O. Gets OUYA Everywhere Support
- 2014-03-03: OUYA Looks Beyond The TV
- 2014-02-02: Ouya 16GB Launches At $129
- 2013-11-18: Ouya Debuts Refreshed Console With All White Limited Edition Model
- 2013-05-09: Ouya Console Launch Delayed To 25th June
- 2013-05-08: Ouya Teardown Reveals Console Can Be Easily Repaired
- 2013-04-15: Ouya Underperforms Current Generation Of Android Phones In Benchmark Tests
- 2013-02-28: Ouya Shipping To Kickstarter Supporters On March 28