PopCap Games’ Plants vs. Zombies 2 released on iOS back in mid-August, which the game received over 25 million downloads just a few days later. Plants vs. Zombies 2 being released exclusively on iOS probably upset a few PC and Android gamers, although word on the street was the Android version of PvZ 2 was expected to be released in October. Well – it looks like that’s exactly what’s going on as PopCap has announced Plants vs. Zombies 2 has received a soft launch as the game is currently available in Australia and New Zealand.
Just like with the iOS version of Plants vs. Zombies 2, the Android version will be completely free-to-play when it officially releases worldwide. The purpose of the soft launch is to provide real-world play testing to help ensure the game’s global launch on Android goes as smoothly as the iOS version did. As of now, there’s no official date as to when Plants vs. Zombies 2 will be made available on Android, but PopCap says it will “launch shortly.” Let’s just hope that means within the month of October as we’re sure many of you Android owners have been waiting for the day when you could play Plants vs. Zombies 2 instead of sitting there, watching iOS owners have all of the fun.
Next Story: Xbox Live Gold Goes Free This Weekend
- 2014-04-21: Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21: Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2013-11-27: Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Headed To PS4, Xbox 360 [Rumor]
- 2013-09-25: EA Denies Receiving 'Truckload Of Money' From Apple
- 2013-06-03: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS July 18
- 2011-10-17: Dead Space ported to Android platform
- 2011-07-12: EA purchases PopCap Games