We heard rumors of Sony possibly considering bundling the PlayStation 4 along with the PlayStation Vita sometime later this year for roughly $500. Shortly after that rumor surfaced, Sony Computer Entertainment’s UK boss Fergal Gara said there weren’t any plans to bring both devices together in one bundle. Now it looks like ole Gara is changing his tune a bit as he now says Sony is reconsidering a PlayStation 4 bundled with a PlayStation Vita following positive consumer reaction from this year’s Gamescom.
Sony’s reconsideration was also fueled due to an upsurge in Vita sales after the company had announced its price cuts for the handheld gaming device. Gara made sure to make clear that even though Sony is reconsidering bundling the PlayStation 4 along with the PlayStation Vita, that doesn’t mean this is confirmation such a SKU would be made available. Instead, you should consider this as the option not being completely off the table.
“We’re still in the planning phase so it’s not a yes, its not a no,” Gara said during an interview with Official PlayStation Magazine U.K. “And the option is still there to pick up the two of them. We’ll make it happen in the ways that are best for our retail partners really and we’ll work with them. The concept is becoming more real by the week.”
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2013-11-25: PS4, PS Vita Ultimate Bundle Promo Image Leaked
- 2013-10-07: PS4 Dedicated App 'PS4 Link' Releasing On PlayStation Vita In November
- 2013-09-09: Sony Publishes Promotional Video Highlighting New PS Vita, PlayStation Vita TV
- 2013-03-01: PS4: PlayStation Plus Will Play A 'Prominent Role' For Console's Landscape
- 2013-01-21: PlayStation Now Supports PayPal In North America