According to Sony, their upcoming DualShock 4 controller is said to be compatible with not only the PlayStation 3, but with PCs as well, although we’re guessing that functionality will be limited to the basics as Sony has not confirmed if they will be taking steps to enable the touchpad for PCs. Well the good news for Mac gamers is that if you were hoping to avoid buying a new gamepad for the games you play on your Mac, you’d be in luck because it seems that the DualShock 4 controllers will play nicely with Mac computers as well. This is thanks to a recent Vine video upload by user Chris Gallizi where he shows the DualShock 4 controllers working on a Mac computer.
This is particularly interesting given that Sony has not announced as to whether the controllers would be compatible with Mac computers as well. For those who were thinking of purchasing the new controllers separately, as in you don’t need or want the PlayStation 4, they are expected to be priced at $59.99 and will be available in Jet Black, Magma Red, and Wave Blue. While the PS4 is not due for a release until the 15th of November, it seems that you can already purchase the controllers at several retail outlets.
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2014-04-01: Sony Japan To Get Limited Edition Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Bundle
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2014-01-21: PlayStation 4 Error CE-34878-0 Being Investigated By Sony
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-11-27: Sony To Adjust PS4 PSN Game Prices In Europe
- 2013-11-20: This Gamer's PS4 Remains Untouched After A Tornado Destroyed His Home