A much rumored feature of the iPhone 5s was its fingerprint sensor, which was made official when the smartphone was announced on September 10th. Since then, people have been wondering if Apple has any intentions of bringing the sensor over to other devices, and since iPads are next in line to be refreshed, the focus has been on the upcoming tablets. Apple is expected to unveil both new iPads later this month and the iPad 5 is expected to have Touch ID, the aforementioned fingerprint scanner. A purported home button connector cable of the next generation iPad has leaked online, it hints at the possibility of the tablet having the ability to read your fingerprint.
The report accompanying this leaked image suggests that the component has been completely redesigned and that it is quite similar to its counterpart in the flagship iPhone. It is on this similarity that the possibility of iPad 5 having Touch ID is based. As always, Apple is quiet about its future plans and has made no indication if its next tablet will bring a fingerprint scanner. The iPad 5 is expected to be a major update, it is likely to come with a new design after using the same one for nearly three years now. Would Apple go the extra mile and incorporate Touch ID in it as well? Time will tell. [Image via CTechCn]RELATED
- Amazon's New Ad Pokes Fun At The iPad Air
- Retina iPad Mini's Display Ranks A "Distant Third" Compared To Nexus 7 And Kindle Fire HDX
- Apple Reportedly Ups Retina iPad Mini Orders To 4 Million In November
- 12.9 Inch iPad Reportedly Destined For Second Half Of 2014
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]
- Follow: iPad 5, touch id,