Lately there has been all sorts of speculation about upcoming Apple products. The next products expected to come out of Cupertino include new iPads, a smartwatch and a full fledged television set. Previous rumors suggest that the iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 with Retina Display might be unveiled on October 15th, though recent reports claim that Retina iPad mini might not be announced until 2014. Cantor Fitzgerald analyst Brian White, who met with various suppliers in China and Taiwan, seems to have heard the same from a number of sources.
Poor yield rates of Retina Display panels for iPad mini is said to be the reason why iPad mini might not be unveiled alongside the iPad 5 on October 15th, which remains an unconfirmed date as of now. White says that the people he met with said nothing about the iPad mini, while they talked at length about the iPad 5 and the “big changes” that it is expected to come with. Based on this, White believes that the Retina iPad mini might not be coming out this year. Sources reiterated most of what we already know about the iPad 5, that it will be thinner, lighter and its design will be similar to the existing iPad mini. A source White spoke to claims that Apple’s HDTV isn’t “ready for primetime” yet, the person believes that Apple will unveil it sometime next year. Apple has long been rumored to be working on a television set of its own, so far the company hasn’t said if such a product is in the pipeline.
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18: Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16: iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 2013-10-14: Retina iPad Mini Won't Be Announced On October 22nd [Analyst]
- 2013-08-12: iPad 5 Features Same Thin Touch-Screen Technology As iPad Mini [Rumor]
- 2013-02-07: iPad 5 Compared To iPad 4, iPad Mini In Artist Rendering
- 2013-01-25: iPad 5 Expected To Resemble An iPad Mini And Release In October [Rumor]