It’s completely unsurprising to hear Rockstar Games’ Grand Theft Auto Online has launched with a few issues over the past week that made it nearly impossible for most people to get in on the online mayhem. To Rockstar’s credit, the company has been very vocal in regards to their attempts to help resolve any issues gamers have had with the game, although Grand Theft Auto Online is still suffering from some issues, the latest of which includes losing characters and progress. Rockstar has been investigating what could be causing this particular issue and they look to have found an easy enough resolution.
In an updated Rockstar support page concerning the issue of a character being lost as well as their progress, the company suggests “if you have previously created a character but see an empty character selection screen when entering GTA Online, please back out to GTAV Story Mode and try re-entering GTA Online through the pause menu (repeat or wait until Rockstar cloud servers are back up).” Rockstar emphasizes Grand Theft Auto Online players they shouldn’t create a new character in the empty slot where their original character should be as this most likely is the reason why people are losing characters as well as their progress.
- 2013-12-03 GTA Online Content Creator Captured In YouTube Video
- 2013-11-14 GTA Online Receiving Free 'Beach Bum' DLC Pack Nov. 19
- 2013-11-07 GTA Online Players Now Receiving $500k Stimulus Package
- 2013-10-21 GTA Online Update Halves Money Earned From Repeated Missions
- 2013-10-14 Rockstar Says Lost GTA Online Characters And Progress Will Remain Lost Forever