A report coming out of Taiwan claims that both Apple and Samsung are working on large tablets, with displays as large as 12 inches. Apple has already been rumored to be working on a 12 inch iPad, it has apparently teamed up with Quanta Computer on this project. Today’s report mentions Quanta once again, reiterating that it is collaborating on the 12 inch iPad with Apple. On the other hand, Samsung is said to be developing its 12 inch tablet in house.
This latest report comes from the infamous Taiwanese trade publication Digitimes, which has a hit or miss track record when it comes to future product rumors. Citing “upstream supply chain sources,” the publication claims that apart from working on the 12 inch tablet, Quanta has also become a supplier for the much rumored iWatch. Samsung reportedly wanted to team up with Google for its large tablet, and possibly rekindle the partnership that brought us the Nexus 10, but apparently Google is focusing on “7-inch products” right now. The report doesn’t mention when we can see these new 12 inch tablets from Apple and Samsung. Apple is already rumored to make iPad related announcements on October 22nd, though it is highly unlikely that the company will say anything about a 12 inch tablet, this month’s event is expected to bring us the iPad 5 and possibly the Retina display touting iPad mini.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2012-03-13: Samsung: 7.85" iPad coming
- 2012-03-05: Samsung: iPad mini arriving this summer
- 2011-12-15: Samsung Galaxy Tab is "The tablet Apple tried to stop."
- 2011-05-27: OLED display unlikely for iPad 3
- 2011-04-18: Apple sues Samsung for being copycats