Don’t you just love hacks? And by that, I mean it to be of the good kind, not the hacks that make life miserable for everyone in the case of identity theft. Well, here we are with word that some folks over at the XDA-Dev forum have had a fun time messing around with the Windows Phone operating system on the Samsung ATIV S, where they managed to introduce the 3 column live tile home screen that happens to chug along pretty nicely on a display that has 720p resolution.
In order to enable a 3 column live tile home screen on your Samsung ATIV S, all you need to do is to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINES\Software \ Microsoft \ Shell \ OEM \ Start and change ScreenSize to 1, ensuring that the home screen on your Samsung ATIV S would end up looking like the Nokia Lumia 1520 which is on the verge of a release. For additional detail that would be able to shed more light as well as insight into this particular hack, it would bode you well to head on over to the XDA Developers forum.
Oh yeah, I am also quite sure that you might also want to check out the custom ROM for the Samsung ATIV S while you are at it.
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-07 Samsung SM-W350F Could Be Another Windows Phone 8.1 Smartphone
- 2014-04-04 Samsung ATIV Core Mid-Ranged Windows Phone In The Works [Rumor]
- 2013-02-14 Samsung ATIV S Review
- 2012-12-06 Samsung ATIV S reportedly delayed until February 2013
- 2012-08-29 Samsung ATIV S announced