The Samsung Galaxy Gear has understandably received mixed reviews among the majority of the tech world, but what didn’t help is the device was only limited to be used along with the Galaxy Note 3. This left many who already owned a Samsung device out in the cold, but the company has apparently opened the doors for its Galaxy Gear to be compatible with a number of previously released Samsung devices, such as the Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Note 2.
Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Note 2 owners can now head on over to their consumer retailer of choice and pick up the Galaxy Gear, that is, if they believe it to be a worthy accessory to their already impressive smartphone. If your Samsung device isn’t listed as being able to support the Galaxy Gear, your worries will soon be over as Samsung says they will extend compatibility with their smartwatch by the end of October. This means those of you with the Galaxy S4 Mini, Galaxy S4 Active, Mega 5.8, Mega 6.3 and Galaxy S4 Zoom will be able to get in on the Galaxy Gear fun soon enough as Samsung plans to roll out a separate software update globally at the end of October.RELATED
- LG Reportedly Shifting Focus From Smartphones To TVs
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Amber Alert GPS Now Available For $129.99 To AT&T Customers
- ShutterBall Helps You Take Just The Right Selfie With Your iPhone
- Pandora For Android Adds Chromecast, Tablet Support
- Follow: galaxy gear, Galaxy S4, Samsung,