The Samsung Galaxy Gear has understandably received mixed reviews among the majority of the tech world, but what didn’t help is the device was only limited to be used along with the Galaxy Note 3. This left many who already owned a Samsung device out in the cold, but the company has apparently opened the doors for its Galaxy Gear to be compatible with a number of previously released Samsung devices, such as the Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Note 2.
Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Note 2 owners can now head on over to their consumer retailer of choice and pick up the Galaxy Gear, that is, if they believe it to be a worthy accessory to their already impressive smartphone. If your Samsung device isn’t listed as being able to support the Galaxy Gear, your worries will soon be over as Samsung says they will extend compatibility with their smartwatch by the end of October. This means those of you with the Galaxy S4 Mini, Galaxy S4 Active, Mega 5.8, Mega 6.3 and Galaxy S4 Zoom will be able to get in on the Galaxy Gear fun soon enough as Samsung plans to roll out a separate software update globally at the end of October.
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-07: Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-03-18: Galaxy Gear Price Drops Significantly In Canada
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2013-09-26: Galaxy Gear's Basic Functions Already Compatible With Galaxy S4