During IFA 2013 in Berlin, Samsung announced a smartwatch of the company’s making called the Samsung Galaxy Gear, a device which would presumably be compatible with devices like the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the Samsung Galaxy S4, which is unsurprising given that the Galaxy S4 is Samsung’s flagship handset of 2013. In any case we’re sure some Samsung customers are wondering if support for older devices will be added as well, and the good news is that yes, Samsung will be adding compatibility support with the Galaxy Gear with older devices like the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy Note 2.
However it should be noted that at the launch of the device, compatibility will only be with the Galaxy Note 3. Samsung is expected to issue an update in the future which would add support to the Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, and Galaxy Note 2, although users of these devices might be in for a wait, at least until the end of the year which is when Samsung hopes to issue the updates by. We’re not sure if limiting the support of device compatibility is a great way to kick off a brand new product, but what do you guys think?RELATED
- Vuzix M2000AR First Smartglasses To Use Waveguide Optical Technology
- Samsung Will Reportedly Focus On Smartphone Accessories And Peripherals In 2014
- Amazon Prime Air Video Wasn't Shot In The U.S.
- Chromecast Gets Ten New Content Partners
- ZowPow Plush Toy Controller Targets Kids
- Follow: galaxy gear, Samsung,
- Seen at: androidcommunity