If you’re in the market for a device with a big screen but don’t want to drop the cash for the high-end Samsung Galaxy Note 3, the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 should do the trick and thanks to a recently leaked press render, courtesy of the ever reliable @evleaks, of the handset, it looks like the phone will be headed for Sprint, although at this point in time there is no word on when the phone will launch (we’re hearing that an early November release is possible) or how much it will cost on contract, but given that the phone is priced $530 (street price), we expect it shouldn’t cost too much on Sprint.
For those who might need a little refresher on the device, the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 will sport a massive 6.3” 720p HD display. While its display appears to be decent, it will be powered by a dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor clocked at 1.7GHz. Granted this is not a processor to be sneezed at, it is a pity considering that most devices these days come packed with a quad-core processor. In any case it will include 1.5GB of RAM, 8GB or 16GB storage options that can be expanded via microSD, an 8MP rear-facing camera, and will come with a decently sized 3,200mAh battery. The phone will also run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean but should be receiving the bump to Android 4.3 in the near future.
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Press Rendering Leaked
- 2013-10-30: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy S4 Mini Available On Sprint Nov. 8
- 2013-08-19: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Headed To AT&T, Sprint This Month
- 2012-07-24: Additional Samsung SPH-L300 photos leaked
- 2012-04-03: Samsung Galaxy Nexus training slides from Sprint leaked