Earlier in October, Samsung took the wraps off a new device dubbed the Samsung Galaxy Round, which was essentially the Galaxy Note 3 albeit with a curved display, allowing for a rather unique design with some interesting possibilities in terms of features and use. While the device has yet to make its way to the masses outside of South Korea, Samsung has since released a commercial for the upcoming device which basically highlights its uniquely curved display and shows off some of its features in the process. While admittedly the device is interesting in its own right, we’re not sure if the curved display is actually more functional rather than novel, but given that the handset is apparently a prototype-like device that will see limited production, we guess this is more like Samsung testing out curved displays in the market as opposed to releasing a full-fledged device.
As it stands the handset is estimated to cost around $1,000 in South Korea and there is no word if Samsung plans to release it worldwide. For those unfamiliar, the Galaxy Round will feature a 5.7” Super AMOLED display with a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of onboard storage, a 2,800mAh battery and will run on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. In any case if you have a minute to spare, you can check out the Samsung Galaxy Round commercial in the video above.
Next Story: New Mac Pro's GPU Could Be User Replaceable
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2013-11-26: Samsung Galaxy Round Sales Reportedly Around 10,000
- 2013-11-07: Samsung Galaxy Round Coming To The US For $1,130
- 2013-10-31: Samsung Reportedly Gearing Up To Mass Produce Curved Batteries
- 2013-10-17: Samsung Galaxy Round Is Reportedly A Prototype Device In Limited Production
- 2013-10-14: Samsung Galaxy Round Releases In South Korea This Week