Over the past few weeks we heard rumors that a couple of new smartphones with flexible displays are going to be launched in the market soon. LG was rumored to be working on one, and so was Samsung. The latter was the first one to bring its device to the market, called Samsung Galaxy Round. As yet, Samsung hasn’t said when or if this device is going to be launched in the U.S. The folks at Sammobile claim to have heard from an insider at the company that this device is a prototype which will only be produced in limited quantities, this could mean that getting your hands on a smartphone with a flexible display just might prove to be a bit challenging.
The insider reportedly says that Samsung has developed this device to test curved OLED displays, and that it is going to limit production, so much so that the Galaxy Round might even be in short supply in Samsung’s native South Korea. Going by the insider’s claims, it is possible that the Galaxy Round might not be launched outside of South Korea at all. The device releases in the country this week for roughly $1,000. So if this is a test run of sorts, does Samsung has something under the wraps, a smartphone with a curved display that could perhaps be launched in more markets? Time will tell.
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2013-11-26 Samsung Galaxy Round Sales Reportedly Around 10,000
- 2013-11-07 Samsung Galaxy Round Coming To The US For $1,130
- 2013-10-31 Samsung Reportedly Gearing Up To Mass Produce Curved Batteries
- 2013-10-27 Samsung Galaxy Round Commercial Released
- 2013-10-14 Samsung Galaxy Round Releases In South Korea This Week