When it comes to rumors surrounding the Samsung Galaxy S5, you can bet your bottom dollar that a fair amount has been reported already. For instance, we did hear whispers of a possible January 2014 release of the Samsung Galaxy S5, not to mention that it might even arrive with an Exynos 6 14nm 64-bit processor, in addition to having the possibility of a rugged version of the Galaxy S5 being in the pipeline. Phew! All of that is a lot to handle, and one also figures that in the world of high end smartphones, it is often a game of one upmanship with your rivals. So Apple has introduced Touch ID to their iPhone 5s which is basically a fingerprint sensor. How about Samsung? The latest rumor surrounding the Samsung Galaxy S5 would be the very real possibility of having it arrive with an eye scanning sensor.
This would mean you can unlock your smartphone device with your eyes, and Samsung is allegedly already hard at work on the high-security bit of technology, although it remains to be seen in detail just how this particular piece of technology is going to work. Should this rumor end up as true, it would mean that the Samsung Galaxy S5 would offer a significant jump in smartphone security compared to what we currently have on the market.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5