Wearable tech is without a doubt the next frontier in technology and Google has been riding that wave for quite some time now. Google Glass has already been rolled out to a select few Explorers who are putting it through its paces before the anticipated public release next year. There appears to be a lot of interest in this product, which puts the digital world in the user’s line of sight. Google Glass will obviously have to battle with competitors, Recon Jet has already beaten it to the market, but a latest rumor suggests that Samsung might be developing its own Glass rival.
The rumor comes from Eldar Murtazin, who has a varied track record. Earlier this year he predicted that Tizen was dead, Samsung responded that its homegrown OS isn’t going away anywhere. Murtazin says that Samsung is developing its “own version” of Google Glass which is likely to be released in April or May 2014 under the Gear Glass brand. Last month Samsung released the Galaxy Gear smartwatch, so it won’t come as a surprise if it carries the Gear brand over to other wearable devices. The Glass bit of its moniker might trouble Google, but then again, its not like Samsung has officially confirmed that it is indeed working on a Google Glass rival.
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-07: Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-02-22: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2014-02-16: AT&T Galaxy Gear Price Gets A $100 Cut
- 2014-02-10: Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Be Priced Lower Than iWatch
- 2013-11-06: Samsung Might Make A Google Glass Rival