Wearable tech is without a doubt the next frontier in technology and Google has been riding that wave for quite some time now. Google Glass has already been rolled out to a select few Explorers who are putting it through its paces before the anticipated public release next year. There appears to be a lot of interest in this product, which puts the digital world in the user’s line of sight. Google Glass will obviously have to battle with competitors, Recon Jet has already beaten it to the market, but a latest rumor suggests that Samsung might be developing its own Glass rival.
The rumor comes from Eldar Murtazin, who has a varied track record. Earlier this year he predicted that Tizen was dead, Samsung responded that its homegrown OS isn’t going away anywhere. Murtazin says that Samsung is developing its “own version” of Google Glass which is likely to be released in April or May 2014 under the Gear Glass brand. Last month Samsung released the Galaxy Gear smartwatch, so it won’t come as a surprise if it carries the Gear brand over to other wearable devices. The Glass bit of its moniker might trouble Google, but then again, its not like Samsung has officially confirmed that it is indeed working on a Google Glass rival.
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]
- Are Hoverboards Real? This Video Wants Us To Think So!
- Care Predict Activity Tracker System Targets Seniors