Samsung announced earlier today a new product that would allow those who own a Samsung Galaxy device to stream and sync content located on their mobile device with their TV set. It looks like this isn’t the only product Samsung is announcing to attempt to further take over your living room as they have just unveiled their Shape wireless audio system.
The Samsung Shape system is the company’s answer to Sonos’ wireless speaker system and offers a distinctive triangular shape that can be placed in a number of ways, including horizontally, vertically or mounted onto a wall. Samsung Shape supports Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC, which will allow you to stream your music over your home network, through a Bluetooth connection as well as through NFC. A companion app will also be available, which Samsung says will make the setup process even easier as you’ll just need to connect the speaker or hub into your router, activate the app, and you’ll be pumping out tunes in no time.
The Samsung Shape wireless speaker system will be made available starting October 13, with its single speaker retailing for $399.99. If you plan on purchasing multiple speakers, you’ll want to then pick up its hub for only $49.99 as it’ll help connect all of them together.RELATED
- Spotify Offers Free Ad-Supported Listening On Your Mobile Device Starting Today
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Beats Music Streaming Service U.S. Launch Is Next Month
- LG Tone Ultra Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- Razer Kraken Forged Edition Headphones Introduced
- Follow: Samsung, wireless speakers,
- Seen at: businesswire