Yes, I guess it is true – the Samsung Galaxy Round which was already covered by us, has received its certification in South Korea earlier on in the form of the Samsung SM-G910S. Of course, we did also talk about the possibility of another model, the Samsung SM-G910 being talked up less than a week ago, where it was touted to be a possible Galaxy Note 3 with a flexible display. This would mean that the Samsung SM-G910S is the first smartphone from the South Korean conglomerate to roll out a flexible OLED display.
In the certification, it was mentioned that the Samsung SM-G910S will feature Android 4.3 Jelly Bean as the operating system of choice, LTE as well as NFC connectivity, in addition to a quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, which more or less tallies with what we have already seen in the Galaxy Round during its official announcement. Well, we also know that LG Display is going full well ahead with the mass production of flexible OLED displays, so it seems that Samsung has beat LG to the punch where an official product is concerned. We will have to wait until November to see what else LG Display has come up with, so stay tuned!
Next Story: Apple To Hold iPad Event This October 22nd
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2013-11-26: Samsung Galaxy Round Sales Reportedly Around 10,000
- 2013-11-07: Samsung Galaxy Round Coming To The US For $1,130
- 2013-10-31: Samsung Reportedly Gearing Up To Mass Produce Curved Batteries
- 2013-10-27: Samsung Galaxy Round Commercial Released
- 2013-10-17: Samsung Galaxy Round Is Reportedly A Prototype Device In Limited Production