The folks who happen to live in China were on the receiving end of a clamshell device earlier this year from Samsung, where said smartphone was known as the Samsung SCH-W999. The SCH-W999 took on a clamshell form factor that was long thought to be extinct in nature, but it seems that if you happened to have missed that particular “boat”, there is still a chance for redemption. After all, we have received word that there will be another clamshell form factor smartphone from Samsung that is headed to the world’s most populous country again – the Samsung SM-W2014.
This new smartphone is touted to run on a quad-core 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 processor, where it will feature a couple of Super AMOLED screens as well to up the ante. Right now, it is the most impressive dual-display clamshell smartphone in China, where both displays feature a 3.67” screen size at 800 x 480 pixels, accompanied by 2GB RAM to boot, a 13-megapixel camera at the back with a 2-megapixel front facing camera, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, all running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean right out of the box. It does seem to shape up with be an exclusive smartphone for the Chinese market, and you can pick one up from China Telecom if you’re interested.
Next Story: Nokia Asha 503 Leaked Out
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-02-12 Samsung Tops Smartphone Sales In China
- 2013-08-13 Samsung Reportedly Smokes Apple On Smartphone Shipments In China
- 2013-05-27 Samsung Owns China's Smartphone Market In Q1 2013
- 2013-04-22 Tech Companies Donate Money To Aid China's Earthquake Affectees
- 2013-03-19 Samsung Smartphones Overtake Nokia In China