We have been hearing rumors that Sony could be launching a full-frame NEX device in the near future (October 16, according to the rumors). We’re sure many of you guys are wondering how the final product will look like. Well it turns out that it might not look like any of Sony’s NEX cameras, but rather it could end up looking like the Olympus OMD camera (pictured above), meaning that the viewfinder of the camera would be placed right smack in the middle. This was apparently one of the three different prototype designs that Sony had been working on, but instead of opting for a more classic NEX-7 look, they went with the OMD look instead, which we have to say could prove to be rather interesting.
Sony Alpha Rumors claim that all the full-frame NEX cameras will sport similar designs, as in the cheaper version of the camera will not look different from the high-end version. As it stands the last we heard, the cheaper version will feature a 24MP sensor, while the high-end version will sport a 36MP sensor. Take it with a grain of salt for now but hopefully all will be revealed in the near future.
Next Story: CEATEC 2013 Innovation Awards Winners' List
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-03-28: Sony A77II Could Be Announced At The World Photography Awards Exhibition [Rumor]
- 2014-03-27: Sony A6000 For US Could Begin Shipping Next Week [Rumor]
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Leaked Sony Camera Slide Reveals Sony's High-End Plans
- 2014-03-25: Sony A6000 Pre-Orders Reportedly Begins Shipping In Asia And Europe