Sony has recently announced that their SmartWatch 2 has just rolled out in the US, where it will carry an official price tag of $199.95 a pop. This particular timepiece (and a smart one at that) will be made available at online direct from the Sony Store, although one ought to take note that other online retailers, too, will carry this particular smartphone as well. Among the key features of the Sony SmartWatch 2 would be a display that can be read under bright sunlight, in addition to the ability to pair it up with other Android-powered devices (smartphones or tablets, it does not really matter) as long as they are powered by Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or newer.
Which is a good thing, of course, especially when you consider that the Samsung Galaxy Gear, which retails for a whopping $300 in comparison, will need Android 4.3 Jelly Bean at the very least. This particular smart timepiece from Sony will support one-touch NFC pairing to Android smartphones, so that users are able to check out text messages, calendar events, their Gmail account, Facebook updates, and Twitter, among others. The SmartWatch 2 will be water resistant as it sports an IP57 rating, in addition to multiple strap options that include stainless steel, brown leather, black leather, and five silicon colors. The power efficient processor underneath the hood is the one that allows the Sony SmartWatch 2 to run for up to 4 days (according to Sony) under normal usage conditions on a single charge, now how about that?
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-03-25 Sony Steers Clear Of Android Wear
- 2014-03-24 Vueling Boarding Passes On Sony Smartwatch
- 2014-02-04 Sony SmartWatch 2 FIFA And Silver Metal Editions Are In The Pipeline
- 2013-12-26 Sony Expected To Release New Smartwatch In Early 2014
- 2013-09-05 Sony SmartWatch 2 Gets Announced...Again