Sony may be working on a new mobile device, and its likely to be a phablet. According to reports coming in from China, the Sony Xperia Tianchi is a low cost phablet that is going to be released in the near future. The device is said to have a MediaTek MT6592 8 core processor. That’s just about it. These reports don’t mention any additional details about the hardware specifications of this phablet, and leave us guessing about Sony’s new device.
As is the case with rumors, the company itself has not confirmed or denied the device’s existence. As per rumors, the Xperia Tianchi might be launched on November 12th. Sony is also expected to launch yet another Xperia device at this event, the Xperia Z1S, which is basically a variant of the Xperia Z1 f that’s going to be exclusive to China. There’s no word as yet if the Xperia Tianchi, assuming that it does exist, will only be released in China. This isn’t the first time that Sony is going to use a MediaTek processor for a mobile device, the company has used a MediaTek CPU already in its Xperia C smartphone. Information on pricing is not available, and it is also not known if the Tianchi will see a broader roll out in major markets around the globe.
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-03-26: Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2014-02-23: Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23: Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone
- 2014-01-21: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Hits The FCC, Arrives As Wi-Fi Only “Tablet”
- 2014-01-19: Sony Xperia Z2 Purported Pictures Leak Online