Just one day after it started rolling out Android 4.3 for Galaxy S4, Sprint today rolled out Galaxy Nexus Android 4.3 update build GJ04. Earlier this week a document was leaked online which listed release dates for the update on the four major carriers, so far the release of Android 4.3 for various Samsung devices has taken place according to that timetable. Galaxy Nexus Android 4.3 update from Sprint comes on the day when Android 4.4 has been announced, and it has been confirmed that this particular smartphone is not going to be compatible with it.
This isn’t a major update, barring the fact that it bumps up the core OS version to Android 4.3, which brings features such as TRIM support, improved typing, auto-complete in phone dialer, opt-in always-on Wi-Fi location scanning and several other minute improvements. Sprint will be rolling out the update over-the-air, so you should receive a notification on your device if you haven’t already. Since the roll out happens in stages, don’t worry if a notification isn’t immediately sent over to your device. The roll out usually takes a few days to be complete. The impatient lot can manually check for updates through the Settings app, by going to the About phone menu followed by System updates.
Next Story: LG G Flex Launch Event Is On November 5th
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2014-04-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark Gets Wi-Fi Calling
- 2013-11-24: Sprint Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Update Is Finally Out
- 2013-11-20: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-10-30: Sprint Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Rolling Out Today
- 2013-10-02: Android 4.3 For Sprint HTC One Rolling Out Today
- 2012-08-26: Your Google Nexus experience with Verizon and Sprint - hot or not?