A timetable was leaked last week which listed the Android 4.3 release dates for certain Samsung devices on major U.S. carriers. Verizon’s Galaxy S4 received the update day before yesterday, as mentioned in the timetable. Sprint Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 update has started to roll out today, on the exact day that was mentioned in the leaked timetable. Apart from bringing an updated Android OS version, the update also brings the much awaited Galaxy Gear support to Galaxy S4 units on Sprint.
As previously mentioned, the update brings Android 4.3 and Galaxy Gear support. It also brings support for Samsung KNOX security software. There are bound to be a number of minor tweaks, changes and improvements as well, though they haven’t been detailed in the changelog. The update itself weighs in at 537MB, so it would be a good idea to download it over a Wi-Fi connection. Just remember to have ample juice in the battery before proceeding with the installation, its best to plug in the device and let the update download and install itself. Its not unusual for carriers to send over-the-air update notifications in stages, so even if you don’t immediately see your device prompting that an update is available, be assured that its definitely going to drop very soon.
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2014-04-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark Gets Wi-Fi Calling
- 2014-02-13: Sprint Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 Update Available Now
- 2014-02-12: Sprint's Galaxy S4 Could Receive KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-01-15: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-12-10: Sprint Offers Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark
- 2013-12-01: Android 4.3 Stability Update Rolling Out Across The Globe For Galaxy S4