Last month Microsoft unveiled its next generation tablets, Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2. Both tablets aren’t going to be released to the public until October 22nd, but one major UK based retailer made a slip-up and put Surface 2 up for safe ahead of its official release date.The Surface 2 tablet was listed for sale on the Argos’ website, customers could purchase it online and then pick up their unit from an Argos store. The Type Cover 2 or Touch Cover 2 keyboard covers weren’t put up for sale, only the Surface 2 32GB and 64GB models were offered. The Surface Pro 2 tablet didn’t go on sale prematurely.
Argos has now taken notice of this slip-up and has removed the Surface 2 tablet from its website. So no use in heading over to the retailer’s online store right now to pick up a Surface 2 tablet before everyone else, they’re not available anymore. Argos says that it is working with Microsoft to “investigate this error as a matter of urgency.” It also says that it fully complies with embargos issued by suppliers, this particular incident is definitely unusual and one that’s likely to put a few Argos employees in hot water. As for those who’re waiting for the new Surface tablets, October 22nd isn’t that far off now.
Next Story: Twitter Music Might Bite The Dust Soon
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-17: Microsoft Surface 2 With LTE Tablet Arriving March 18
- 2014-02-19: Surface 2 With LTE Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-01-20: Surface 2 Tablets Back In Stock On Microsoft Store Website
- 2013-11-27: Microsoft Targets The Galaxy Tab In Ad This Time Around
- 2013-11-12: Microsoft Surface 2 Receives Updates To Improve Battery Life And More
- 2013-10-22: Surface 2, Surface Pro 2 Now Available In U.S., 20 Additional Countries
- 2013-10-09: Microsoft Will Hold Midnight Launch Event For New Surface Tablets In 10 Stores
- 2013-09-29: Microsoft Surface 2 And Surface Pro 2 Tablets Can Be Reserved In-Store For Free