It was back in 2010 when T-Mobile first teamed up with Target to sell its products and services through the retailer’s chain of stores in the U.S. If a recent leak from the infamous @evleaks is true, then a new partnership just might be brewing up between the two. The leak hints at the possibility of both Target and T-Mobile launching a new MVNO called “brightspot.” A MVNO or Mobile Virtual Network Operator is basically a mobile carrier that doesn’t own the wireless network infrastructure over which service is provided, it uses another carrier’s network while setting the prices for its own plans.
Since T-Mobile is going to team up with Target, this makes sense. T-Mobile is one of the four major national mobile carriers in the U.S. According to the purported SIM kit in the leaked image, a $50 plan will be offered which will provide unlimited talk and text as well as 1GB of 4G mobile data. The Galaxy S3 is highlighted on the kit itself, while other devices expected to come with brightspot include the LG Optimus F6, LG Optimus F3 and the Nokia Lumia 521. No confirmation has been received as yet from either T-Mobile or Target, but given the apparent readiness of the SIM kit, it probably won’t be long until brightspot is made official.
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2013-10-03: Targets Confirms Brightspot MVNO