Last week it was rumored that if customers used the FALLFUN30 discount code when buying a Galaxy Gear online from T-Mobile, they’ll be eligible for a 30 percent discount on the smartwatch’s $299.99 price. The rumor turned out to be true. Those who purchased the smartwatch from T-Mobile’s website and punched in this code during checkout received the discount, were able to bring the price down to $209.99. This wasn’t an officially sanctioned promotion by the carrier, so T-Mobile has decided to cancel all Galaxy Gear orders that were made using this discount code.
Last night the carrier started sending out generic emails to those who had used the code, informing them that their orders have been cancelled because T-Mobile is “unable to fulfill this transaction.” It assures those customers that their credit cards have not been charged, and invites them to reorder the Galaxy Gear from its website for the proper price. While T-Mobile does apologize for “any inconvenience” caused in the email, those who were quick enough to get their orders in aren’t probably going to be too psyched. Some might say that the carrier should have honored the discount at least for those customers who had got their orders in already, they probably would have expected it to do that. Nevertheless, the carrier has made its decision. Those who still want to purchase a Galaxy Gear from T-Mobile must be ready to shell out the correct $299.99 price.
Next Story: Sprint Galaxy Mega 6.3 Render Leaks
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2013-10-02: T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 And Galaxy Gear Available Now
- 2013-09-04: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 And Galaxy Gear Will Arrive On T-Mobile