Ubisoft announced its newest IP, Watch Dogs, would be delayed until spring 2014, leaving many of those who pre-ordered a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One bundle with the game unsure of what would happen to their orders. Fortunately, some retailers have come out to say their customers who pre-ordered a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One bundled with Watch Dogs will still be able to get their consoles, although it looks like Target has reportedly been outright canceling these pre-order.
According to Reddit users as well as a number of irate customers on Twitter, it looks like Target has been sending out emails to their customers who pre-ordered a PlayStation 4 bundled with a delayed launch game, such as Watch Dogs or Driveclub, on Target.com notifying them of their cancelled order. One Reddit user published an email from Target customer service saying the retailer will re-open PlayStation 4 pre-orders starting on October 25 and will be available on a “first come, first serve basis.”
It’s a shame for Target to pull something like this when we’re so close to the launch of the PlayStation 4, especially when competing retailers such as Amazon and GameStop have said they’ll honor pre-orders that were bundled with delayed games. We have yet to hear any official word from Target regarding this issue, but as soon as we do, we’ll be sure to let you know.
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: inFAMOUS Second Son PS4 Patch Arrives April 17th
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-11-20: This Gamer's PS4 Remains Untouched After A Tornado Destroyed His Home
- 2013-11-19: Sony's $399 PS4 Costs $381 To Build [Report]
- 2013-11-18: PS4 Blue Light Of Death Fixes Suggested By Sony