Toshiba has been announcing new laptops here and there over the past month as the company announce both its Satellite NB15T laptop and Qosmio X75 gaming laptop just a few weeks ago. Today, Toshiba ups its lineup of business laptops as they announce refreshed versions of its Portege Z30, Tecra Z40 and Tecra Z50 that now only give these machines a new look, but also improves their specs and displays to something a bit more modern.
The upgraded Portege and Tecra laptops have a much slimmer design style and use Toshiba’s Tough Body chassis, which was first introduced in its KIRAbook. In fact, the upgraded Portege and Tecra laptops also borrow the magnesium alloy look of the KIRAbook in addition to its honeycomb-style internal structure.
All three laptops include either Intel Core i5 or Core i7 Haswell processors as well as a 1366 x 768 display, although the Tecra Z40 can be upgraded to a 1920 x 1080 display. In regards to storage, the Portege Z30 includes either a 128GB or 256GB SSD, while the Tecra Z40 and Z50 can be fitted with a 750GB HD and up to a 512GB SSD.
The Portege Z30 is priced starting at $1279 and the Tecra Z40 will retail starting at $1229, with both laptops expected to go on sale October 18. The Tecra Z50 will start at $1229, but won’t be available for sale until the end of November.
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16: Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2013-07-29: Toshiba Haswell Sees Action In Refreshed Satellite U And M Notebooks
- 2013-05-29: Toshiba Portege Z10T Detachable Ultrabook Preview
- 2012-11-07: Toshiba Satellite U845W Review
- 2011-11-28: Toshiba Portege Z830 ultrabook now available
- 2011-09-29: Toshiba Satellite L735D is a kid-friendly laptop