If you want to get a mobile device in your hands as soon as possible, the best way to go has always been to visit your local carrier’s retail store to attempt to pick up your device without being sold any additional accessories, plans or anything else sales representatives want to attach to your purchase. For the rest of us, online ordering has been a great way to get what we want without any hassle, but waiting days to receive our mobile device as it make its way across the U.S. to our doorstep isn’t very ideal either. That’s why Verizon Wireless will begin offering a same-day delivery program to its customers living in Philadephia.
Customers who place their order online by 10 A.M. during a weekday will have their order arrive no later than 7 P.M. that day. As you’d expect, the same-day delivery option won’t come cheap as you’ll need to pay $19.99 to have your device sent to you the same day as when you order it. The pilot program is currently available in Philadelphia, although the program is also set to roll out to New York City, San Francisco, Dallas and Pittsburgh.
Considering how quickly U.S. carriers tend to adopt each other’s newly launched programs, we wouldn’t be surprised if we heard one of the other carriers decide they want to offer same-day shipping as well.
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2013-04-14: Verizon Introduces One Year Device Payment Plan For Devices Worth Over $349.99
- 2013-04-12: Verizon Extends Upgrade Eligibility Program To A Full Two Years
- 2013-04-12: Verizon Introduces $35 Prepaid Basic Phone Plan