While HTC One devices from T-Mobile and those in Europe are getting their hands on the Android 4.3 update with Sense 5.5, it looks like Verizon subscribers are in for a wait as the HTC One update for their phones will be delayed for a month. We’re not sure what went wrong with the update for Verizon’s version of the phone, but either way this is pretty bad news for Verizon subscribers who were looking forward to the update on their HTC One devices, especially with news that the update is currently making its rounds not just in the US, but around the world as well.
This news was confirmed by HTC America VP, Jason Mackenzie, who said, “@htc One Vz customers: we need more time to spin new SW & re-test 4.3 update. Approx a month. Appreciate your patience as we work to deliver.” No specific release date was mentioned, but given that the tweet was made towards the end of October, we’re guessing it will be the end of November, or possibly even early December, that the update will be released, unless of course HTC and Verizon somehow manage to work around the clock on this and deliver in earlier than anticipated. Either way we’ll keep our eyes peeled for more info, but in the meantime we guess Verizon HTC One users will just have to wait.
- Ellen Degeneres' Oscar Selfie Might Not Have Been Impromptu After All
- Cross-Platform BBM Could Be Getting Ads Soon, According To Android Beta
- BlackBerry Z30 Apps Will Automatically Be Available For The BlackBerry Z3
- Nokia Discourages Developers To Copy UI Elements From Other Platforms
- Huawei Reportedly Working On 2K Smartphone